Applying for a U.S. passport outside the United States is different than applying inside the United States. Each U.S. embassy and consulate has different procedures for submitting and processing your final documents.I n most countries, you must apply in person at a U.S. embassy or consulate for all passport services. In a limited number of countries, you may be eligible to access some services by mail. Check the U.S. embassy or consulate webpage for more information.

For More Information visit the US Dept. of State website...


Passport Revocation:

If you have seriously delinquent tax debt, the law authorizes the IRS to certify that debt to the State Department for action. The State Department generally will not issue a passport to you after receiving certification from the IRS. The State Department may deny your passport application or revoke your current passport. If you’re overseas, the State Department may issue you a limited validity passport good for direct return to the United States.

The IRS will send you Notice CP508C at the time the IRS certifies seriously delinquent tax debt to the State Department. The IRS will send the notice by regular mail to your last known address. Your power of attorney will not receive a copy of the notice.

Before denying a passport, the State Department will hold your application for 90 days to allow you to:

  • Resolve any erroneous certification issues
  • Make full payment of the tax debt
  • Enter a satisfactory payment arrangement with the IRS

For More Information visit the IRS Passport Revocation page


US Visas:

Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. The Visa section of the US Dept. of State website is all about U.S. visas for foreign citizens to travel to the United States.

For More Information visit the US Dept. of State Visa page ...

Tax Information
Search by topic
Connect with Us
Explore by category